What if my physician refuses to assist in my disability retirement application?

ANSWER: Get yourself another physician, at least for the purpose of preparing the Physician's Statement (Form 3112 C). It's done quite successfully. While certainly it is best to be supported by a physician who has had a longstanding relationship with you, nothing in the law requires that. It is particularly helpful in such circumstances if the reporting physician has available all prior medical records and is able to review the totality of the situation.

  • Your information will be confidential, shared only with me and my colleague Elliott Andalman, Esq.

  • 12 + 4 =
    Please complete this simple math question to help us reduce spam.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.